Description taken from public sources. Read disclaimer.
From iTunes, Google Play and Application Website
Be ready for wildfires with the official Red Cross wildfire app. “Blaze Warnings” let you see where NOAA has issued wildfire warnings, “Blaze Alerts” notify you when a new wildfire occurs and the “Blaze Path Tracker” gives you a current view of the wildfire’s track and perimeter. You can also let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out and learn what steps you should take to prepare your family, home and pets - all from the palm of your hand.
- Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do before/during/after an wildfire, even without data connectivity.
- Get notified about current wildfires or wildfire-conducive weather.
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
- Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
- Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
- Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- See an illustrated history of wildfires in your area.
Download from Apple App Store
Download from Google Play
You must be logged in to post a comment.